Dec 6, 2013 5:18 PM by Ann Roncone, Lightning Ridge Cellars
2 Skinless chicken breasts
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Ciabatta Rolls
2 Oven roasted tomatoes
1 cup Arugula leaves roughly chopped
4 oz Asiago - grated
1. Grill or saute chicken breasts with garlic, olive oil and salt & pepper.
2. Slice tomatoes in medium-thick slices. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt & pepper to taste. Roast in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat a panini grill.
4. Slice the chicken breasts into fajita/stir fry size pieces.
4. Slice off the domed tops of the ciabatta rolls and reserve for another use. The rolls should now be about 1 inch thick. Split the rolls horizontally.
5. Drizzle some olive oil over the bottom half of each roll. Follow with 3-4 slices of chicken per sandwich. Top the chicken with coarsely chopped arugula. Cover that with about 3 tomato slices. Finish with 2-3 slices of Asiago cheese.
6. In the hot panini grill - grill the sandwiches for about 3 minutes until the bread is lightly toasted and the cheese has just begun to melt. Cut each in half and serve warm.
58 minutes ago