Local

Feb 19, 2013 11:32 PM by Robby Messer

Kitchen fire displaces family

TUCSON - A kitchen fire forced a family from their home Tuesday evening.\

The fire started on the stove of the home in the 4700 block of South Goldenrod Place, which is near Kolb and Irvington, about 6:30 p.m.

The mother told fire crews she stepped away from the kitchen momentarily while the oil was warming up and returned to a kitchen fully involved in flames.

Firefighters prevented the fire from spreading through the attic but there was significant damage to the kitchen. A ladder crew went to the roof as a precaution but did not have to cut a hole in the roof. They shut off the gas and electricity to the home as a safety precaution.

It took firefighters about 20 minutes to control the fire.

No one was hurt.

The mother, her two daughters, ages 12 and 17, and an 18-year-old family friend were displaced from the home and are being helped by the Red Cross.

»Comments

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4