Posted: Oct 11, 2013 9:17 AM by Associated Press
Updated: Oct 11, 2013 12:17 PM
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) - A Western official briefed on the Kenya mall attack investigation says the bodies of the attackers have not been found.
Investigators, including FBI agents, are working their way through the collapsed mall rubble following the four-day siege on Westgate Mall that began Sept. 21. At least 67 people died in the attack.
The official said Friday that the attackers' bodies could be under the rubble but that it's not yet confirmed. Kenyan officials have said mall security video shows at least four attackers, though there are indications that perhaps two more attackers took part.
The official said the real names of the attackers aren't yet known. Names released by Kenya's military previously are only operational nicknames. The official insisted on anonymity because the information has not yet been publicly released.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More