Feb 9, 2012 7:48 PM
TUCSON - The News 4 Investigators told you about potential Medicare fraud impacting nearly a thousand people right here in the Tucson area last month. We've learned who is behind the possible fraud.
According to Medicare, several hundred Medicare beneficiaries were switched from their current providers to a plan provided by United Healthcare without consent during open enrollment last year.
Medicare tells us most, if not all, of the enrollment changes were traced back to the same independent agent. United Healthcare terminated the agent.
The Arizona Department of Insurance tells us Megan Monroe Racz had her license revoked because she failed to respond to a subpoena from the Department of Insurance.
The department says the revocation is permanent, Racz cannot sell or service insurance policies and the investigation is ongoing.
Racz's attorney, Larry Lingeman sent the news 4 investigators this statement via email:
I do not feel it is appropriate for me to comment at this time regarding any allegations against my client, Ms. Racz. However, I will point out that a person changing coverage from Health Net to United Health Care would save $39.00 per month or over $400.00 per year and get better benefits...
-Larry J. Lingeman