Posted: May 8, 2013 4:59 PM
Editor's note: The following is an update from the USDA Forest Service:
May 8, 2013, 4:00 p.m.
• Safford Ranger District of the Coronado National Forest
• Rincon Canyon, near Rincon Spring
• Nearest Town is Safford, AZ
Start Date: May 8, 2013, reported at 9:40 a.m.
Size: approximately 20 acres
Cause: human caused, under investigation
• Provide for public and firefighter safety
• Fire suppression
• Firefighters: 3 full crews, 1 short crew
• Engines: 4
• Air Tankers: 2 single engine air tankers and one large air tanker made drops on the fire, and are not currently active
• Helicopters: 1 helicopter is making bucket drops, 1 helitanker made water drops on the fire and is not currently active
• Miscellaneous Overhead
Summary: The fire is burning in grass and oak at an elevation near 5,000 feet. No structures are threatened. Reservoir is approximately three miles from fire, allowing short turn-around time for helicopters travelling to and from the fire making water drops.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More