Nov 16, 2012 8:10 AM by Jeff Beamish
TUCSON - A series of guided hikes starts up Sunday at Catalina State Park. Here's the full details on how to sign up:
Register with Volunteer Gaston Meloche at (520) 638-5404 by 4pm at least one day prior to the hike. This pace is moderate. Round-trip mileage, duration and elevation changes are approximate. Hike listings are subject to change. For safety reasons, four hikers are required for a hike to take place. Always bring ample water and wear appropriate headgear and hiking footwear. The time listed is the departure time.
Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the departure time. If rain threatens/happens or number less than 4, a hike will be canceled and in such case the leader will phone registered hikers ASAP or about ½ hour before hike time, in case of bad weather. If you have a medical condition and/or are allergic to Aspirin or must take prescribed medication, please inform the guide confidentially.
• November 18: Canyon Loop/Sutherland/50-year trail Big Loop - (9 miles/600 foot elevation at 7:30 am) Sutherland trail, Jeep trail to link with lower half of 50-year trail and return to Equestrian Center. Return to main trailhead via Big Send Wash and Bridle trails.
• November 25: Walter's Cascade, Stock Tank & Loop East Trail - (9-10 miles/500 foot elevation) Meet at main trailhead at 7:30am.
• December 2: Cabin/Dripping Springs/Green Rock/Canyon Trail - (7-8 miles/400 foot elevation) Park at Large Picnic area. Leave at 7:30am and returns to same area.
• December 9: Fifty Year Trail, North End - (9 miles/1400 foot elevation) Meet at the Equestrian Center at 7:30am.
• December 16: Alamo Canyon & West Ridges - (7-8 miles/400 foot elevation) Meet at main trailhead at 7:30am.
• December 23: Catalina's Medium Loop - (8 miles/500 foot elevation) Leave from the Equestrian Center at 7:30am.
• December 30: Park's best known short trails - 7 miles/200 foot elevation) Meet and park at main trailhead at 7:30am.
5 hours ago