Posted: Jun 19, 2012 6:58 PM
Updated: Jun 19, 2012 10:49 PM
MARANA - Emergency crews believe the heat is to blame for the death of a construction worker Tuesday afternoon.
Northwest Fire responded to the Costco located near Orange Grove and Thornydale after a 44 year-old male construction worker collapsed with possible heat related illness.
The 44 year-old victim was in cardiac arrest with a bystander performing CPR. Crews worked to revive the victim's heartbeat but were unsuccessful after 20 minutes.
Co-workers told emergency crews the victim had been working on a barrier protection system for a new propane tank being installed near the tire shop at the Costco and experienced symptoms of heat related illness prior to his collapse.
The Marana Police Department is conducting an investigation into the death. The victim was NOT employed by the Costco, but a contractor who was doing work at the location.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More