Local

Sep 20, 2012 6:47 AM by Swetha Iyengar

Garage fire displaces two residents

TUCSON - A garage fire at a home on the west side displaced two residents this morning.

The home owner called 911 around 12:45 a.m. and said their garage was on fire. They were immediately ordered to leave the house. Fire fighters were on scene by 12:53 a.m. and saw heavy smoke and flames coming from the garage of the house. Crews were able to get it under control shortly after one a.m.

Fire officials determined the fire was accidental, and caused by a weed burning in the yard. One of the residents used a torch to burn weeds in the yard around 6:30 yesterday evening. They still smelled smoke at 10:30 that evening and a couple hours later smelled heavy smoke and heard noises coming from the garage.

There were no injuries and damage is estimated at $40,000.

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4