Posted: Jan 15, 2013 4:58 PM by Sarah Sanchez
Updated: Jan 15, 2013 9:43 PM
TUCSON - Northwest Fire Department crews are mopping up a mobile home fire caused by a man trying to thaw his frozen pipes.
The fire started late Tuesday afternoon at the Carefree Mobile Home Park on Romero Road near Wetmore, according to Northwest Fire Department spokesman Capt. Adam Goldberg.
The homeowner was trying to thaw his frozen pipes with a propane torch when the blaze began, Goldberg said.
The mobile home is a total loss, Goldberg added.
No injuries were reported.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More