Jul 3, 2012 7:31 PM
TUCSON - Most city and county services will be closed tomorrow due to the Fourth of July holiday.
The City of Tucson will not collect residential trash or recycling tomorrow. All collections are pushed back by one day: Wednesday's collection will be Thursday, Thursday's trash will be collected on Friday, and Friday pickup will be on Saturday. All Pima County landfills and transfer stations will also be closed in observance of July 4.
According to the City of Tucson:
"All City of Tucson departments will be closed on Wednesday, July 4, 2012 for the Independence Day Holiday, as well as all City Council Offices.
"City offices will be closed on Wednesday, July 4, 2012, however, customers may leave a message for Environmental Services Customer Service at 791-3171 or submit a service request at www.tucsonaz.gov/esd and they will be contacted no later than the next business day. Customer Service will be available on Saturday, July 7, 2012 from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m."
Sun Tran buses will operate on a Sunday schedule on Independence Day, Wednesday, July 4, 2012. The following details outline transit service on Independence Day:
• Sun Tran Routes 1 through 99 will run on a Sunday schedule on Wednesday, July 4. Regular service resumes Thursday, July 5.
• Sun Express and Sun Shuttle Routes will not be in operation. Regular service resumes Thursday, July 5.
• Sun Shuttle Routes will not be in operation, with the exception of dial-a-ride service in Oro Valley, which will offer Sunday service hours for Americans with Disabilities Act-qualified passengers only. Regular service resumes Thursday, July 5.
• Sun Tran's Customer Service Center will be open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. to assist passengers with trip planning needs. On Thursday, July 5, the Customer Service Center will return to regular weekday hours of 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Sun Tran's Administrative Offices and Lost and Found, located at 3920 N. Sun Tran Blvd., will be closed on Wednesday, July 4. The Administrative Offices will reopen for business on Thursday, July 5, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Lost and Found from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Sun Van service will mirror the service provided by Sun Tran. Sun Van's Customer Service Center will be open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Independence Day.
Passengers are advised to consult Sun Tran's Ride Guide, visit www.suntran.com, or call Sun Tran's Customer Service Center at (520) 792-9222 (for persons with hearing and speech impairments, call TDD: 520-628-1565) for specific route times and bus information.
13 minutes ago