Jul 2, 2012 1:53 PM
TUCSON - For the second time in two weeks, a house on Tucson's west side caught fire - crews quickly put out the fire, in spite of a leaking gas line and an arcing wire to contend with.
Crews arrived at the 1000 block of West Weymouth to find a house fire that was 70 percent involved, according to a news release from Tucson Fire Department. Crews encountered an energized power line, and a gas meter that was leaking natural gas.
Crews checked the home for occupants, but found none. Twenty-four firefighters had the blaze out within 12 minutes, the news release states. On June 17, TFD responded to a house fire at the same location.
There were no injuries, as the house was boarded up and vacant. Damage is estimated at $90,000, and the cause is still under investigation.