Posted: Nov 7, 2012 8:31 PM by Robby Messer
Updated: Nov 7, 2012 8:31 PM
TUCSON - An unattended incense stick is being blamed for causing a guest house fire Wednesday evening.
The fire started shortly after 6 p.m. in the 5300 block of East Willard. Tucson Fire tells News 4 the person staying in the guest house had left with the incense stick still burning in the corner of a room.
The owner of the main house returned home after running an errand to find heavy smoke coming from the guest house. By that time, many people had called 911.
Fire crews opened the door to the guest house to find the source of the smoke and discovered a large fire in the room. A ladder crew cut a hole in the roof to reduce temperatures inside the home.
It took ten units and 24 firefighters eight minutes to bring the fire under control. There were no injuries to firefighters and Red Cross was not needed. Several animals died in the fire, including one cat, one rabbit, and several mice.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More