Posted: Jan 10, 2013 7:20 AM by ASSOCIATED PRESS
TUCSON - A nighttime fire in a Tucson swimming pool is being called an accident.
Fire Capt. Barrett Baker says eight units and 21 firefighters responded to the fire in the boiler room of a building at the Terra Del Sol pool Wednesday evening.
According to Baker, the fire started in the boiler room due to combustible material being too close to the pool heater.
He says the boiler room was used to store tents, pool covers and tables.
Baker says firefighters were concerned about the possibility of chlorine gas because of the fire's location but that it was determined that chlorine for the pool was kept in another room.
So far there's no estimate on the cost of damage.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More