Posted: May 12, 2012 1:00 PM
Updated: May 12, 2012 4:47 PM
TUCSON - A water heater malfunction is to blame for a house fire in the 200 block of West Oklahoma Saturday morning.
It happened around 9:30 a.m. While the resident called 911, a neighbor came into the backyard, broke out a window and used a hose to knock down the fire.
Everyone inside the house made it out safely including five birds, one cat and one dog.
It took fire crews about a half hour to get the fire completely under control.
The house is a complete loss. The Red Cross is assisting the family with food, clothing, shelter and medication.
Damage is estimated to be about $100,000.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More