Posted: Feb 17, 2013 7:41 AM by Scott Oathout
TUCSON- An electrical wire failure is to blame for a residential fire Saturday night.
According to Tucson Fire Captain Jeff Langejans, a homeowner in the 5700 block of East Glenn called 9-1-1 around 10:30 Saturday night to report fire was coming through her walls.
The first engine arrived within five minutes and encountered a smoke filled structure. A ladder company on the roof could see flames traveling up to the ceiling area.
Firefighters got the fire under control in ten minutes from arrival.
Captain Langejans said the resident was able to escape with no injuries, but the house is uninhabitable due to the electricity being shut off.
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Help those in need this holiday season
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
Win! Win! Win!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Let us help grow your business
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories