Posted: Apr 20, 2013 8:41 AM by Scott Oathout
Updated: Apr 20, 2013 8:42 AM
TUCSON- A Tucson resident is displaced from their home this morning, after a fire in their duplex Friday night.
Tucson Fire Captain Barrett Baker said crews responded to a report of a fire in the 2600 block of North Calle de Romy just after 9 p.m.
According to Baker, the residents in the back of the duplex smelled smoke and looked outside to see smoke billowing out of their neighbor's house.
The first responding firefighting unit found no one inside the front unit.
Firefighters brought the fire under control within seven minutes after arrival.
Baker said the fire started due to an unspecified electrical malfunction involving computer equipment.
The resident is staying with relatives.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More