Jul 28, 2014 3:00 PM
DESERT SPINACH SALAD from the Lodge on the Desert
Serves 4 | Prep Time 15 min | Cook time 5 min
• 1 lb baby organic spinach
• 4 tablespoons Arizona Honey Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
• 2 grapefruit, divided into segments
• ½ cup roasted pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
• A drizzle of Saguaro Cactus syrup
• 2 tablespoons Arizona honey
• ? cup white wine vinegar
• ½ cup canola oil
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• salt & white ground pepper to taste
• juice from ¼ of a fresh lemon
Preparation of vinaigrette
1. In a medium bowl, mix the honey and white wine vinegar
2. Once mixed, slowly stir in the canola & olive oil.
3. Add lemon juice and season to taste with salt & pepper.
4. Stir once more before using to dress the salad.
Build the Salad
1. In a large bowl add spinach, vinaigrette, and the toasted pepitas.
2. Toss the salad lightly to avoid bruising the spinach.
3. Place the dressed salad on a serving plate of your choice and add grapefruit segments.
4. Finish this refreshing salad with a drizzle of local Saguaro Cactus syrup.
Serving tip: It is best to serve with Grilled Shrimp. Tastes great with Chili Spiced Chicken as well!
CHEF MARCUS VAN WINDEN
11 minutes ago