Local

May 14, 2013 1:31 PM by Swetha Iyengar

Deadly mobile home fire sparked by cigarette

TUCSON - A deadly mobile home fire on the northwest side has claimed the life of one man.

The victim was disabled and in his late 40's or early 50's, partially paralyzed from a stroke.

Firefighters say he was unable to get out of the home in time. A lit cigarette cause the fire. Next of kin is being notified.

Northwest Fire responded to the 2000 block of West Gardner Street near Wetmore and La Cholla shortly after 1 a.m.

Nineteen firefighters were able to place the fire under control 25 minutes after crews first arrived. The mobile home was a complete loss. Two neighboring units were evacuated during the initial operation, but no other injuries were reported.

The victim was disabled and in his late 40's or early 50's, partially paralyzed from a stroke.

  • Story Photo
  • Story Photo
  • Story Thumbnail
  • Story Thumbnail

»Comments

More News

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4