Posted: Jan 6, 2013 8:04 AM by Scott Oathout
Updated: Jan 6, 2013 8:19 AM
TUCSON- A midtown apartment caught fire early Sunday morning, after the resident fell asleep while warming up cooking oil.
According to Tucson Fire Captain Barrett Baker, multiple 9-1-1 calls were placed around 1:45 a.m. Sunday regarding smoke and fire coming from a first floor apartment in the 400 block of East Prince Road.
The first engine arrived four minutes after dispatch and found heavy smoke coming from the apartment.
When firefighters got inside, they found the fire had spread from the stove, up the cabinets and into the ceiling.
Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in less than five minutes.
After removing the ceiling, TFD used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots.
The occupant of the residence escaped unharmed and did not need assistance from the Red Cross.
Damage estimates are unknown at this time.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More