Posted: May 3, 2012 11:08 AM
TUCSON - Tribal contributions to the state from gaming revenue increased to $24.3 million for the quarter that ended March 31, 2012, marking the seventh consecutive quarter that gaming revenues have increased.
"Tribal gaming is largely dependent on discretionary income of Arizona residents and visitors" said Mark Brnovich, Director of Arizona Department of Gaming. "The increase in revenue suggests that people are feeling more optimistic about Arizona's economic recovery."
A breakdown of how the quarterly contributions are distributed follows:
Instructional Improvement Fund/Education: $12,211,580
Trauma and Emergency Services Fund: $ 6,105,790
Arizona Department of Gaming operating costs: $ 2,000,000
Arizona Wildlife Conservation Fund: $ 1,744,511
State Tourism Fund: $ 1,744,511
Problem Gambling Education, Treatment and Prevention: $ 485,845
TOTAL tribal contributions for the quarter ended March 31, 2012: $24,292,237
Tribal Contributions to the state amount to 88 percent of the tribe's total contributions. The remaining 12 percent is distributed to the cities, towns and counties of the tribe's choosing.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More