Jul 12, 2012 11:10 AM
Construction continues on La Cañada Drive: River Road to Ina Road Project
From Monday, July 9, through Friday, July 13, between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m., work crews will perform underground utility work at the intersection of La Cañada Drive and Orange Grove Road. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction and Sheriff's deputies will be directing traffic through the intersection while the utility work is being performed. The traffic signals will not be operating during this scheduled work. Motorists driving through the work zone can expect delays during this project and are encouraged to seek alternate routes. Message boards will be in place to direct traffic. Please approach the area with caution and obey all traffic control devices.
Fourth Avenue and University Boulevard
• On Thursday, July 12, the contractor will place the final layer of pavement on Fourth Avenue between Sixth Street and University Boulevard. Haul trucks delivering materials will enter the work area from side streets along the work area. Paving operations will begin at 5 a.m. Residents and businesses should be alert for personnel and heavy equipment in the area.
U of A and Health Sciences Center
• On Wednesday, July 11, and Thursday, July 12, the contractor will pour concrete to embed the rail along Second Street between Park and Mountain Avenues.
• The contractor is continuing work on the installation of a 16-inch waterline along Martin Avenue between Second Street and Speedway Boulevard. Motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists should prepare for temporary closures and restrictions in the area.
• The intersection of First Street and Martin Avenue is closed. Access to residences and businesses east and west of the intersection will be maintained.
• Helen Street is closed between Martin and Cherry Avenues.
• Helen Street between Cherry and Warren Avenues will be closed until mid August.
• Helen Street between Warren and Martin Avenues will be closed through October 2012.
• The intersection of Cherry Avenue and Helen Street will remain open throughout most of this work; however, there may be intermittent lane restrictions to accommodate workers and equipment.
Guardrail repair work on westbound Interstate 10 east of Benson continues this week
Travel restrictions will be in effect for westbound traffic on Interstate 10 through Texas Canyon during the middle of this week.
The following lane closures are scheduled to allow crews to repair guardrail as part of an Arizona Department of Transportation project to resurface 14 miles of westbound I-10 from the east end of Texas Canyon to the east side of Benson. All work will take place between the hours of 6 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
• On Tuesday, July 10, the right lane of westbound I-10 will be closed for one and a half miles beginning at the Johnson Road traffic interchange (Exit 322).
• On Wednesday, July 11, the right lane of westbound I-10 will be closed for one mile starting at the off-ramp from the Texas Canyon rest area (Exit 320).
• On Thursday, July 12, the right lane of westbound I-10 will be closed for one mile beginning a mile and a half west of the Texas Canyon rest area exit.
Message boards will be posted in advance of the lane closures to notify approaching drivers and the posted speed limit through the restricted areas will be 55 mph.