Posted: Jul 10, 2012 8:27 AM
Updated: Jul 10, 2012 8:27 AM
Construction continues on La Cañada Drive: River Road to Ina Road Project
From Monday, July 9, through Friday, July 13, between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m., work crews will perform underground utility work at the intersection of La Cañada Drive and Orange Grove Road. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction and Sheriff's deputies will be directing traffic through the intersection while the utility work is being performed. The traffic signals will not be operating during this scheduled work. Motorists driving through the work zone can expect delays during this project and are encouraged to seek alternate routes. Message boards will be in place to direct traffic. Please approach the area with caution and obey all traffic control devices.
• During the week of July 8, there will be overnight closures at the intersection of Congress Street and Church Avenue while the contractor completes sewer upgrades.
• On Sunday, July 8, the contractor will work from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning.
• Monday, July 9 through Friday, July 13, the contractor will work from 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning.
• North and Southbound traffic will not be permitted through the intersection. Detour signs will be in place to direct motorists around the work area.
• Right turns from southbound Church Avenue to Congress Street will be allowed.
• On Saturday, July 7, from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m., the contractor will install waterlines on Congress Street between Stone and Scott Avenues. Sections of the north sidewalk midblock between Stone and Scott Avenue will be closed during this work. Business access will remain open at all times.
• On Monday, July 9, the intersection of Congress Street and Fifth Avenue will be closed from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. to allow the contractor to complete waterline work in the area.
• On Monday, July 9, the Congress Street and Stone Avenue intersection will be reduced to one travel lane from 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning. This temporary lane restriction allows the contractor to make preparations for future traffic signal conduit work.
• During the week of July 8, there will be intermittent restrictions of the sidewalk at the southwest corner of Congress Street and Arizona Avenue while the contractor installs underground utilities in the area.
Fourth Avenue and University Boulevard
• On Thursday, July 12, the contractor will place the final layer of pavement on Fourth Avenue between Sixth Street and University Boulevard. Haul trucks delivering materials will enter the work area from side streets along the work area. Paving operations will begin at 5 a.m. Residents and businesses should be alert for personnel and heavy equipment in the area.
U of A and Health Sciences Center
• On Wednesday, July 11, and Thursday, July 12, the contractor will pour concrete to embed the rail along Second Street between Park and Mountain Avenues.
• The contractor is continuing work on the installation of a 16-inch waterline along Martin Avenue between Second Street and Speedway Boulevard. Motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists should prepare for temporary closures and restrictions in the area.
• The intersection of First Street and Martin Avenue is closed. Access to residences and businesses east and west of the intersection will be maintained.
• Helen Street is closed between Martin and Cherry Avenues.
• Helen Street between Cherry and Warren Avenues will be closed until mid August.
• Helen Street between Warren and Martin Avenues will be closed through October 2012.
• The intersection of Cherry Avenue and Helen Street will remain open throughout most of this work; however, there may be intermittent lane restrictions to accommodate workers and equipment.
Guardrail repair work on westbound Interstate 10 east of Benson continues this week
Travel restrictions will be in effect for westbound traffic on Interstate 10 through Texas Canyon during the middle of this week.
The following lane closures are scheduled to allow crews to repair guardrail as part of an Arizona Department of Transportation project to resurface 14 miles of westbound I-10 from the east end of Texas Canyon to the east side of Benson. All work will take place between the hours of 6 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
• On Tuesday, July 10, the right lane of westbound I-10 will be closed for one and a half miles beginning at the Johnson Road traffic interchange (Exit 322).
• On Wednesday, July 11, the right lane of westbound I-10 will be closed for one mile starting at the off-ramp from the Texas Canyon rest area (Exit 320).
• On Thursday, July 12, the right lane of westbound I-10 will be closed for one mile beginning a mile and a half west of the Texas Canyon rest area exit.
Message boards will be posted in advance of the lane closures to notify approaching drivers and the posted speed limit through the restricted areas will be 55 mph.
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Help those in need this holiday season
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
Win! Win! Win!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Let us help grow your business
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories