Feb 6, 2013 12:37 PM by Faye DeHoff
SIERRA VISTA - The Smithsonian Museum on Main Street traveling exhibit 'Journey Stories' is coming to Sierra Vista in February of 2014!
The Smithsonian will be creating a take-away postcard booklet to be used with exhibits throughout Arizona. The City of Sierra Vista's Leisure & Library Services department is hosting a photograph contest to find a local image for this booklet. Amateur and professional photographers are encouraged to get creative in their composition as they try to tell a 'Journey Story' focused on how we and our ancestors came to Sierra Vista. The deadline to submit for this contest is this Friday, February 8.
"Hosting the Smithsonian will be an historic event for us, I think it's going to put our little museum on the map," said Nancy Krieski, curator for the Henry F. Hauser Museum. Krieski applied to make Sierra Vista part of the exhibit and is honored that the Smithsonian chose the museum as part of their tour through Arizona.
· Must be high school age or older to participate
· Must live in zip codes 85615, 85635, 85636, 85650, or 85613
· Submission must be an original new (non-published/non-copyrighted) digital photograph
· Please only submit one digital photograph per person
· Scans of old photographs will not be accepted
· Images must be submitted electronically, be 4x6 inches, and 300-400dpi
For more information about the photo contest, call Susan Abend at:
458-4225 or visit www.SierraVistaAZ.gov/SVLibrary <http://www.SierraVistaAZ.gov/SVLibrary>.