Posted: Jun 16, 2012 4:13 PM
Updated: Jun 16, 2012 4:27 PM
TUCSON - A Tucson man who was barbecuing had to call 911 after his grill caught fire.
It happened near Speedway and North Camino Seco.
Flames were threatening the home, but firefighters were able to confine it to the grill area and extinguish the flames.
The homeowner told authorities he had the propane tank filled recently, and believed the tank exploded.
No injures were reported. Damage is estimated at a thousand dollars.
Fire officials says mechanical failure is by far the leading ignition factor for grill fires.
If you believe your propane tanks, cylinders, regulators, lines, valves or appliances have a problem or are not working properly, do not attempt to make repairs yourself.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More