Posted: Jun 28, 2012 5:00 PM
Updated: Jun 28, 2012 5:17 PM
TUCSON - Today on News 4 Tucson at 4 p.m., Arizona Highways' Editor-In-Chief stopped by the studios to preview next month's issue.
Here's what he had to say:
"There are several ways to cool off when the summer heat starts getting unbearable: crank the A/C, ride a Zamboni, dip your toes in the water. Because the first option can be expensive, and the second is hard to find, we suggest No.3! Although Arizona isn't known for its lakes and rivers, they do exist, and they offer all kinds of recreational opportunities."
Here are descriptions of the images featured on today's program:
1) A summer monsoon rain spatters the Colorado River several miles below Glen Canyon Dam.
2) Hawley Lake is one of the White Mountains' coolest spots, at 8,200 feet in elevation.
3) Carnero Lake is a shallow, weed-filled site where anglers are known to catch big fish.
4) After heavy rains, the Virgin River plunges through a major gorge, offering a challenge to kayakers and rafters.
5) Patagonia Lake has no-wake zone for quiet paddling and fishing, and another area for speedboats.
6) 2012 is Arizona's Centennial year and we haven't stopped celebrating yet! Due to overwhelming popularity, the February Centennial collector's item issue will be reintroduced to newsstands on July 3, but there is only a limited supply! Make sure to follow us on Facebook or Twitter for more information.
7) Pick up the June issue of Arizona Highways on newsstands now and check out 10 of the best trails the state has to offer for summer hiking. Editor-in-chief Robert Stieve also offers up some hiking tips including "what to pack in your backpack" and "the 10 commandments of hiking."
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Help those in need this holiday season
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
Win! Win! Win!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Let us help grow your business
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories