Nov 21, 2013 5:30 PM by Danielle Lerner
7 Large Yams
1 10 oz. Package Miniature Marshmallows
1 8 oz. Bottle Spray Butter
1 10 x 10 or 9 x 13 Pyrex Baking Dish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cover 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil.
3. Wash yams with cold water & place on cookie sheets.
4. Puncture ½" wide stabs into 6-7 areas in top of each yam (do not puncture all the way through the yams).
5. Bake yams for 1 ½ hours or until a knife can easily slide into and out of each yam.
6. Remove from oven & let cool to the touch, but do not let yams completely cool. They must be warm in order to cut them properly.
7. Reset oven to preheat to 350 degrees.
8. Use Spray Butter to lightly coat bottom & sides of the Pyrex Dish.
9. Cut tips off of each yam with a knife.
10. Gently peel skin off yams with a knife so as not to squash the meat of the yams.
11. Gently cut peeled yams into ½" slices.
12. Place each yam slice in Pyrex Dish, creating a bottom layer of yams.
13. Drizzle the Spray Butter on each yam slice.
14. Sprinkle Brown Sugar onto the top of each of the buttered yam slices.
15. Place another layer of yam slices on top of the first layer of drizzled Spray Buttered/Brown Sugared yam slices, creating a second layer of yams.
16. Drizzle the Spray Butter on each yam slice.
17. Sprinkle Brown Sugar onto the top of each of the buttered yam slices.
18. Cover Pyrex Dish tightly with aluminum foil.
19. Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
20. Take out of oven & remove aluminum foil.
21. Create a top layer of mini marshmallows on top of the yams. Be careful & avoid overloading marshmallow layer because the marshmallows will melt & might boil over the top of the Pyrex Dish.
22. Bake for 10-15 minutes (uncovered) or until marshmallows are browned and a little crispy on the top.
23. Take out of oven and immediately serve.
5 hours ago