Posted: Feb 3, 2013 10:04 AM by Associated Press
PHOENIX (AP) - Two men and a woman died in a house fire in Phoenix that investigators believe was probably set by a candle used for lighting or a cigarette that wasn't put out.
Phoenix Fire Department spokesman Larry Nunez say another woman at the house was rescued by a passer-by and suffered from smoke inhalation and minor burns to her hands.
Nunez says the fire's cause hasn't been officially determined, but it's believed to be an accident.
The house on the southern outskirt of downtown Phoenix had no electric power, water and gas.
The three people who lived there used candles to see at night.
The woman who escaped the fire tried to warn others in the house to get out.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More